A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE WORLD’S BIODIVERSITY IS THREATENED
• Certain environments require complete protection.
• Detailed land use plans should be developed with local communities.
• Appropriate governance structures and financing mechanisms for implementing the land use plans should be developed.
• Agricultural practices should be intensified.
• Degraded ecosystems should be restored to maximise the supply of ecosystem goods and services to local communities.
”Biodiversity conservation is a truly transdisciplinary field. Natural scientists, economists, social scientists, policy makers and local communities need to come together to understand how to value biodiversity, understand its role in our daily lives and, ultimately, what steps to take in order to maintain it.”René SchieritzClimate Change and Environmental Consultant