A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE WORLD’S BIODIVERSITY IS THREATENED
• Certain environments require complete protection.
• Detailed land use plans should be developed with local communities.
• Appropriate governance structures and financing mechanisms for implementing the land use plans should be developed.
• Agricultural practices should be intensified.
• Degraded ecosystems should be restored to maximise the supply of ecosystem goods and services to local communities.
”Everything that the human race needs to live and survive — such as air, water and food — is reliant on biodiversity. Ongoing biodiversity losses across the globe are aggravating the impacts of climate change, reducing our capacity to adapt to changing conditions. If biodiversity conservation is not prioritised at all levels, the only earth will have no future"Kevin EmslieClimate Change and Environmental Consultant